GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Westchester native Mark Zuckerberg has been ranked as the most generous American philanthropist in 2013, according to the Washington Post.
Zuckerberg, 29, was born in White Plains, raised in Dobbs Ferry and briefly attended Ardsley High School.
Zuckerberg and his wife, Priscilla Chan, donated 18 million shares of Facebook stock, valued at more than $970 million, to a Silicon Valley nonprofit in December, according to the report. The donation was the largest on public record in 2013 and ranked Zuckerberg on top of the 50 most generous Americans in 2013 in The Chronicle of Philanthropy, according to the report.
The top 50 contributors donations equaled $7.7 billion, plus pledges of $2.9 billion, in 2013, according to the report.
- 1 Second Arrest Made In Animal Cruelty Case At Danbury Pet Store
- 2 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 3 Billionaire Westchester Businessman, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To North Salem
- 5 North Salem Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night