NORTH SALEM, N.Y. -- North Salem's Hammond Museum is hosting a Cultural Folk Arts Day on Saturday, July 16.
The day of family fun will include music, dance, food and art. The festivities include
- music and dance from the New York Korean Performing Arts Center and the North East Thai Association;
- Taiko drums by Taiko Masala; with audience participation;
- Ikebana -- the art of Japanese flower arrangement -- demonstrations by Shoko Iwata and Yoko Harnik;
- Chinese brush painting with Frank Liao;
- Chinese, Japanese and Mexican paper crafts;
- Sushi demonstration with Yoshimi Arai, the principal of Magokoro New York;
- learning to put on a Japanese kimono and a Korean hanbok;
- and special activities for children.
Thai-inspired food will also be available for purchase.
Admission is $5 for museum members, $10 for non-members and free for kids under 12. For more information, call 914-669-5033.
The event runs from 1-4 p.m. The museum is located at 28 Deveau Rd., in North Salem. Learn more about the museum on its website.