WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Let out your inner child, foodie, shopaholic and nature lover out at these exciting upcoming events in Westchester County.
1. Westchester’s Burger and Beer Blast at Kensico Dam Plaza in Valhalla on Friday, June 6 from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Described as "the ultimate block party," this part of Westchester Magazine's Food and Wine week may be the tastiest. Thirty lauded burger restaurants from across the county will strut their stuff, serving signature dishes along with beer pairings. When you're done noshing, vote on the best burger and catch a live performance by Mary C and the Stellars. $65. 21 and older. Rain or shine.
2. Pelham's Annual Street Fair on Saturday, June 7 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Hosted by the Chamber of Commerce, the free fair has attracted thousands of people from around the area in previous years. The event sports several fun activities for children and adults alike to benefit a variety of local businesses and philanthropies. Free. Rain or shine. Fifth Avenue between First and Lincoln Avenues.
3. Family Bird Walk in Mamaroneck's Harbor Island Park on Saturday, June 7 at 10:15 a.m.
Led by Phil Horner, longtime resident and member of the Mamaroneck village committee for the environment, enjoy a walk through scenic harbor island park and learn about some of your local feathered friends. Free, but make sure to bring your own binoculars. Meet at the Marine Education Center.
4. Yonkers' LEGOLAND Discovery Center Westchester Brick Factor on Saturday and Sunday, June 7-8, at 10 a.m.
“Brick Factor” is a two day search in which contestants will compete in creative LEGO building challenges for a chance to win their dream job as a Master Model Builder. 39 Fitzgerald Street.
5. Bronxville Sidewalk Sale and Park Place Street Fair on Friday and Saturday, June 6-7 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The annual sidewalk sale is set to be one of the biggest in village history, with nearly 50 local businesses and organizations poised to sell their wares. The Park Place Street Fair (Saturday only) will feature vendors of its own, children’s activities and live entertainment.
I'm sure we missed some great events. Let us know where you'll be heading in the comments below.
- 1 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 2 North Salem's David Letterman Ends 'Late Show' Run On Wednesday
- 3 Westchester Legislator Who Represents North Salem To Resign
- 4 Somers Woman Charged With Violating Order Of Protection, Resisting Arrest
- 5 Airbag Recall Is Largest Ever In Auto History