NORTH SALEM, N.Y. -- The Ruth Keeler Memorial Library has received a grant from the New York Council for the Humanities to run a series of book discussions and show movies about World War I.
The first session will be on Tuesday, Sept. 9, at 7:30 p.m., and the book to be discussed is "The War That Ended Peace: The Road to 1914" by Margaret MacMillan.
The sessions will be led by local residents John Steele Gordon and Heather Ostman and library director Carolyn Reznick.
They are free and open to the public, and the library will provide the books.
- 1 Somers Businessman Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 2 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 3 Feud From Rape Case Is Focus Of New York Times Story
- 4 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 5 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App