NORTH SALEM, N.Y. -- The Ruth Keeler Memorial Library has received a grant from the New York Council for the Humanities to run a series of book discussions and show movies about World War I.
The first session will be on Tuesday, Sept. 9, at 7:30 p.m., and the book to be discussed is "The War That Ended Peace: The Road to 1914" by Margaret MacMillan.
The sessions will be led by local residents John Steele Gordon and Heather Ostman and library director Carolyn Reznick.
They are free and open to the public, and the library will provide the books.
- 1 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 2 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 3 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says
- 4 Man Charged With Driving Four Times Legal Limit In Route 6 Stop
- 5 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Grows, Report Says