NORTH SALEM, N.Y. -- The Ruth Keeler Memorial Library has received a grant from the New York Council for the Humanities to run a series of book discussions and show movies about World War I.
The first session will be on Tuesday, Sept. 9, at 7:30 p.m., and the book to be discussed is "The War That Ended Peace: The Road to 1914" by Margaret MacMillan.
The sessions will be led by local residents John Steele Gordon and Heather Ostman and library director Carolyn Reznick.
They are free and open to the public, and the library will provide the books.
- 1 North Salem's David Letterman Shocks Audience With Off-Color Joke
- 2 North Salem Principal Warns Parents About 'Assassination' Game
- 3 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition
- 4 Mahopac Father Who Allegedly Hit Coach Faces New Charge
- 5 Taking Extra Vitamins Increases Cancer, Heart Disease Risk, Study Says