NORTH SALEM, N.Y. -- The Ruth Keeler Memorial Library has received a grant from the New York Council for the Humanities to run a series of book discussions and show movies about World War I.
The first session will be on Tuesday, Sept. 9, at 7:30 p.m., and the book to be discussed is "The War That Ended Peace: The Road to 1914" by Margaret MacMillan.
The sessions will be led by local residents John Steele Gordon and Heather Ostman and library director Carolyn Reznick.
They are free and open to the public, and the library will provide the books.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Purchase New Bedford Home
- 2 North Salem's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Man Charged In Brewster Assault Used Brick As Weapon, Police Say
- 4 Property Revaluation Is In Store For North Salem
- 5 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So North Salem Must Prepare