NORTH SALEM, N.Y. -- The Ruth Keeler Memorial Library has received a grant from the New York Council for the Humanities to run a series of book discussions and show movies about World War I.
The first session will be on Tuesday, Sept. 9, at 7:30 p.m., and the book to be discussed is "The War That Ended Peace: The Road to 1914" by Margaret MacMillan.
The sessions will be led by local residents John Steele Gordon and Heather Ostman and library director Carolyn Reznick.
They are free and open to the public, and the library will provide the books.
- 1 Father Charged After Incident With Varsity Lacrosse Coach At Mahopac HS
- 2 Multi-Vehicle Rollover Reported On I-684
- 3 Snow Could Return To North Salem For Monday Morning Commute
- 4 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 5 Chance Of Snow, Wind Chills In 20s Await North Salem Saturday