NORTH SALEM, N.Y. --The Schoolhouse Theater in Croton Falls is sponsoring a limerick contest in honor of the production of Irish playwright Conor McPherson's Tony-nominated dark comedy, "The Seafarer."
The limerick is a short, usually humorous poem of five lines, with the first, second and fifth lines rhyming with one another
.In announcing the contest, Schoolhouse Executive Director James Shearwood said, "Although limericks have a history of being ribald, we are looking for winners that can be read in public without embarrassment."
"In fact, we hope to try out some of the limericks people submit by sharing them with our audiences before each Seafarer curtain goes up."
The contest is open to all and there is no limit on submissions. Submissions can be made by Sunday, March 30 to @schoolhousetheater.org, in person or by mail at The Schoolhouse Theater, 3 Owens Road, Box 300, Croton Falls.
The winner will receive two tickets to any performance of "The Seafarer" or two tickets to any future production at The Schoolhouse Theater.
"The Seafarer" will run from Thursday, March 13 through Sunday, April 6. Tickets can be purchased online here or by phone at 914-277-8477.
- 1 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 2 Second Arrest Made In Animal Cruelty Case At Danbury Pet Store
- 3 Former School Bus Driver Sentenced For Sexual Abuse Of 6-Year-Old Girl
- 4 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 5 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To North Salem