CROTON-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. -- The Schoolhouse Theater will host a Shakespeare workshop for children in grades five-12 on Saturday, April 26, from 1-4 p.m.
The workshop will be held at the Schoolhouse Theater, 3 Owens Road, Croton Falls.
At the workshop, students will get to know Shakespeare's work by learning the basics, starting with the emotions behind the words and then learn the language for which he is famous. At the end of the three-hour session, participants will perform a reading from works of arguably the world's greatest playwright.
The workshop will be led by Peter Royston, a writer, director and drama teacher who specializes in Shakespeare.
Royston has worked in various capacities to bridge the gap between the entertainment industry and the educational community. Royston has directed Shakespeare in the Park in Tarrytown and Sleepy Hollow, where young people perform Shakespeare's works under an open sky for the past 10 years.
The fee for the half-day workshop is $75.
Registration for the workshop is available at www.schoolhousetheater.org or by calling 277-8477.
Royston is also scheduled to lead a Shakespeare Camp at The Schoolhouse Theater the week of Monday, Aug. 4, to Friday, Aug. 8.
More information about these and other upcoming programs is available at www.schoolhousetheater.org.
- 1 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 2 Croton Falls Restaurateur Appears in 'Guys and Dolls'
- 3 Former School Bus Driver Sentenced For Sexual Abuse Of 6-Year-Old Girl
- 4 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 5 Second Arrest Made In Animal Cruelty Case At Danbury Pet Store