WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- The Friends of Westchester County Parks and Con Edison are hosting the return of Bicycle Sundays on Sunday, May 4.
The 2014 Bicycle Sundays season kicks off at 11:45 a.m. at the Westchester County Center in White Plains. The event will take place in the grassy area on the west side of the Bronx River Parkway. County Parks and Con Edison have teamed up for the third consecutive year to provide $40,000 to underwrite the program, according to a press release.
"Bicycle Sundays annually attract more than 60,000 participants to ride a 6.5-mile stretch of the historic Bronx River Parkway, which is closed to traffic, allowing cyclists to cruise through White Plains, Hartsdale/Greenburgh, Scarsdale, Eastchester, Tuckahoe and Yonkers," representatives said. "Also at the event, the county will celebrate the 40th anniversary of Bicycle Sundays, which began on June 9, 1974, as a one-day bicycle rally."
- 1 Father Charged After Incident With Varsity Lacrosse Coach At Mahopac HS
- 2 Snow Could Be Returning To North Salem
- 3 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported Near Route 138 In Goldens Bridge
- 4 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 5 Multi-Vehicle Rollover Reported On I-684