WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- The Friends of Westchester County Parks and Con Edison are hosting the return of Bicycle Sundays on Sunday, May 4.
The 2014 Bicycle Sundays season kicks off at 11:45 a.m. at the Westchester County Center in White Plains. The event will take place in the grassy area on the west side of the Bronx River Parkway. County Parks and Con Edison have teamed up for the third consecutive year to provide $40,000 to underwrite the program, according to a press release.
"Bicycle Sundays annually attract more than 60,000 participants to ride a 6.5-mile stretch of the historic Bronx River Parkway, which is closed to traffic, allowing cyclists to cruise through White Plains, Hartsdale/Greenburgh, Scarsdale, Eastchester, Tuckahoe and Yonkers," representatives said. "Also at the event, the county will celebrate the 40th anniversary of Bicycle Sundays, which began on June 9, 1974, as a one-day bicycle rally."
- 1 NYSEG Plans To Expand Gas Main Near North Salem Schools
- 2 Two Clerks Charged In Northern Westchester Underage Drinking Detail
- 3 State Police Warn North Salem Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 North Salem Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 5 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash