WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- WalletHub, a personal finance social media network, recently ranked New York as the best state for teen drivers.
The site compared the driving conditions for teens in the 50 U.S. states based on 16 key metrics. The data was then broken down into categories that examine the safety conditions, economic environment and driving laws of each state.
The Empire State ranked first in impaired driving laws, distracted driving laws and third in insurance premium increases for adding a teen driver and percent of the state's teen population with a driver's license.
Neighboring Massachusetts, New Jersey and Connecticut ranked sixth, 12th and 24th, respectively.
South Dakota was ranked dead last at No. 50.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Purchase New Bedford Home
- 2 North Salem's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic State Parkway Crash Is ID'd
- 4 Man Charged In Brewster Assault Used Brick As Weapon, Police Say
- 5 Property Revaluation Is In Store For North Salem