NORTH SALEM, N.Y. – If you have not yet made plans for your Super Bowl Sunday festivities, here are some North Salem area eateries that will be happy to keep your appetite at bay:
- Kingsley’s Deli (914-669-5324) Back by popular demand, North Salem’s Bob Soto ("Bar-B-Que Bob") will be doing his smoked barbecue, featuring baby back ribs, BBQ ribs and smoked chicken. Everything on the Kingsley’s menu will be available, and the deli will make wedges in any length. Buffalo wings are fresh, rather than the frozen ones some venues serve. Order early, especially if you want a long wedge, since the bread must be ordered ahead of time.
- Two Meatballs (914-485-1600) North Salem’s newest eatery will be open from noon to 8 p.m. and will offer takeout specials that include wings (hot or mild Buffalo, teriyaki or BBQ); a large tailgate package (24 wings, chicken bites, garlic knots, spinach artichoke dip with chips and a large pizza) for $50; or a small tailgate package (12 wings, chicken bites, garlic knots, small pizza) for $25.
- 121 Next Door (914-669-5225) This offshoot of 121 Restaurant will have two special Super Bowl packages: a three-foot wedge with Italian, American or Thanksgiving filling, plus two dozen Buffalo wings for $45; or, a four-foot wedge with the same options and three dozen wings for $60.
- The Blazer Pub (914-277-4424) The Blazer will open at noon and stay open until the game ends, but the kitchen will close at 10:30. Super Bowl specialties include chili and wings. Buy five quarts of chili and get one free. Buy seven orders of wings and get one free. Wing types include Buffalo, BBQ, teriyaki and double-cooked (the chef’s secret recipe.)
- Somerfield’s (914-276-3071) The Super Bowl party begins at 6 p.m. Sunday. It includes tailgate munchies, a half-time dinner buffet and an open bar. There are seven big TV screens and a chance to win your own 60-inch big-screen TV. The price is $40 per person.
- Somers Deli (914-401-9230) The Somers Deli will open at 5 a.m. Sunday morning and close at 5:30 p.m. Everything on the menu will be available in any quantity. Especially for the game, the deli will offer wedges made on its unique goalpost-shaped bread. The choice of filling is yours.
Note: Most of the eateries request that orders be placed at least 24 hours in advance.
- 1 Somers Woman Charged With Violating Order Of Protection, Resisting Arrest
- 2 North Salem's David Letterman Ends 'Late Show' Run On Wednesday
- 3 Westchester Legislator Who Represents North Salem To Resign
- 4 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 5 Johnny's In Mount Vernon A Finalist In DVlicious Pizza Contest