NORTH SALEM, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to North Salem’s Steven Lawrence Rattner!
Steven Lawrence Rattner, who owns a horse farm in North Salem, turns 62 on Saturday.
Rattner, a financier who served as lead adviser to the Presidential Task Force on the Auto Industry in 2009 for the Obama administration, was born July 5, 1952 in Great Neck, N.Y. He was a managing principal of the Quadrangle Group, a private equity investment firm that specialized in the media and communications industries. Prior to co-founding Quadrangle, he was an investment banker at Lehman Brothers, Morgan Stanley, and Lazard Freres & Co., where he rose to deputy chairman and deputy chief executive officer. Rattner began his career as a journalist for The New York Times.
Rattner is chairman of Willett Advisors, the private investment group that manages billionaire New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg's personal and philanthropic assets.
He continues to be involved in public policy matters as the economic analyst for MSNBC's "Morning Joe," program and he has returned to The New York Times as a contributing writer for its Op-Ed page.
- 1 North Salem Man Charged After Six-Month Long Heroin Probe In Lewisboro
- 2 Restaurateur Found Guilty Of Forcibly Touching Waitress
- 3 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 4 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director