MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- Joe DiMauro, who has been selected for this year's Citizen of the Year honor from the Mount Kisco Chamber of Commerce, calls it a “very special award.”
Asked what his reaction was when he learned that he was chosen, the Mt. Kisco Seafood owner replied that he was “pretty shocked.”
DiMauro will be honored on Thursday, May 1 at the chamber's 47th annual Citizen of the Year Dinner, which will be at the Holiday Inn in Mount Kisco. Wine and hors d'oeuvres will be served at 6:30 p.m., with the dinner starting at 7:30 p.m.
The chamber, in its promotion of the event, recounts DiMauro's biography.
Originally from Mount Kisco, DiMauro has owned Mt. Kisco Seafood since 1980 and formerly owned the Fish Cellar, it notes.
DiMauro has also been involved with several charitable causes, the biography adds, including support for groups involved in fighting breast cancer, helping battered women, help people who are hungry and assisting kids with terminal illness. Groups that DiMauro has supported, the biography continues, include Making Headway, the Food Bank for Westchester, the Boys & Girls Club, Mount Kisco Child Care Center and Riverkeeper.
The chamber will also honor the Mount Kisco Rotary Club as its non-profit of the year. To read more about the dinner, click here for the chamber's guide.
- 1 Winter Storm Watch Issued For North Salem On Wednesday
- 2 Three Homes Of Former North Salem Supervisor Sell For $3 Million
- 3 South Salem Driver Strikes, Injures Two Runners In Danbury Intersection
- 4 Ex-North Salem Supervisor's Estate Up For Auction Tops News Last Week
- 5 Former North Salem Supervisor's Business Partner Sentenced To 20 Years