NORTH SALEM, N.Y. -- Michael Loftus, a North Salem resident and Army ROTC cadet, has been named the battalion commander for the Fighting Irish Battalion, which is the highest-ranking cadet in the program for the fall.
He will be graduating from the Leadership Development Assessment Course that all junior cadets must go through on Tuesday, July 8, from Fort Knox. At LDAC he scored a 339 on the Army physical fitness test (300 is a perfect score) and came in first in land navigation in the bravo troop and second in his regiment. Loftus will be training at Fort Bragg in July.
Loftus attends University of Notre Dame and will be a senior in the fall. He is a double major in chemistry and Arabic.
- 1 Somers Businessman Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 2 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 3 Feud From Rape Case Is Focus Of New York Times Story
- 4 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 5 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App