NORTH SALEM, N.Y. -- Michael Loftus, a North Salem resident and Army ROTC cadet, has been named the battalion commander for the Fighting Irish Battalion, which is the highest-ranking cadet in the program for the fall.
He will be graduating from the Leadership Development Assessment Course that all junior cadets must go through on Tuesday, July 8, from Fort Knox. At LDAC he scored a 339 on the Army physical fitness test (300 is a perfect score) and came in first in land navigation in the bravo troop and second in his regiment. Loftus will be training at Fort Bragg in July.
Loftus attends University of Notre Dame and will be a senior in the fall. He is a double major in chemistry and Arabic.
- 1 State Police Warn North Salem Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Firefighters Battle Blaze At Goldens Bridge Residence
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 NYSEG Plans To Expand Gas Main Near North Salem Schools
- 5 Two Clerks Charged In Northern Westchester Underage Drinking Detail