At Health Quest, you can feel confident you are receiving high-quality imaging services in the safety of a hospital setting.
Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center are accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) in all imaging modalities and are also designated ACR breast imaging centers of excellence. Plans to expand and enhance radiology services are underway at all three Health Quest hospitals, led by the board-certified team of radiologists who have been providing medical imaging services to the people of the Hudson Valley for the past 30 years.
“Our goal is to increase availability of a number of radiologic procedures as well as enhance the radiology department to provide a number of exams that are not currently available,” says Benjamin Hentel, MD, Medical Director of Radiology at PHC.
In addition to medical imaging techniques including diagnostic X-ray, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound (US), computed tomography (CT), positron emission tomography (PET) and nuclear medicine, the expanded range of radiologic services offered will include:
- MR enterography, a noninvasive imaging technique that allows the radiologist to evaluate gastrointestinal conditions, such as Crohn’s disease, infectious enteritis or lymphoma. It can also locate the source of internal bleeding.
- MRI for rectal cancer staging, which provides information vital in treatment planning.
- Prostate MRI, which uses multiple MRI techniques to create high-resolution images that pinpoint the location of tumors and aid in development of a personalized treatment plan.
Radiologists at Health Quest hospitals are raising the bar on the standard of quality patient care in the Hudson Valley. All radiologists are board certified by the American Board of Radiology. This unique group of radiologists is known for their cutting-edge reputation and level of expertise. All radiology staff has taken the Image Wisely® Pledge, which is an awareness campaign with goals of eliminating unnecessary imaging exams and lowering doses in those exams that are necessary in adult patients.
Health Quest’s secure data-sharing capabilities allow images to be read by a radiologist with specialized expertise in the area of the body being tested, no matter where the test was performed.
Meet our Directors:
Emil Shih, MD, Medical Director of Radiology at Northern Dutchess Hospital
Benjamin Hentel, MD, Medical Director of Radiology at Putnam Hospital Center
Philip Amatulle, MD, Medical Director of Radiology at Vassar Brothers Medical Center
Call to schedule an appointment at NDH (845) 871-3488; PHC (845) 279-5711, ext. 2428 or ext. 2429; VBMC (845) 431-5644; VBMC Fishkill (845) 838-8149; or the Dyson Center for Cancer Care (845) 483-6563.
Visit health-quest.org to learn more.
- 1 Janitor Charged With Using Vacuum To Steal $3,900K At Brewster Marshall's
- 2 Mysterious UFO Still Vexes Westchester Police Officer
- 3 Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Targets Homeschooling
- 4 North Salem's Bloomberg Ranks Eighth On Forbes 400 Billionaire List
- 5 Westchester Scholars Named National Achievement Semifinalists