NORTH SALEM, N.Y. - Save your appetite. Hudson Valley Restaurant Week is here.
The event has been so popular in the past, that it has expanded into a two-week celebration, beginning March 18 and ending March 31. Participating restaurants in the mid- and lower Hudson Valley will offer special three-course dinner menus for $29.95 (plus beverage, tax and gratuity). Many also will offer three-course lunches for $20.95 (plus beverage, tax and gratuity).
Participating local restaurants include:
- North Salems popular 121 Restaurant , specializing in New American cuisine, will offer a special Restaurant Week menu at lunch and dinner time, beginning March 18. The special menu is not available Fridays nor at dinner Saturdays.
- The acclaimed Indian restaurant, Jaipore , in Brewster just beyond the North Salem town line, has a vast menu of Indian dishes, emanating from various areas of the subcontinent. The special Restaurant Week menu will only be available Mondays through Thursdays and only at dinnertime.
- Ramiros 954 in Mahopac was labeled, Dont miss! by The New York Times. The elegant but moderately priced menu is contemporary Nuevo Latino and is built on local ingredients and sustainable farming. The special Restaurant Week menu starts March 20 and excludes Saturdays. The restaurant is closed Mondays.
- Not far away in Somers, the long-time favorite, Le Fontane , will offer a selection of its traditional southern Italian dishes on a special Restaurant Week menu. Appetizers include baked clams, stuffed artichoke and stuffed eggplant. Entrees include linguini pescatore, homemade ravioli and seafood Adriatico. The special menu is available every day except Mondays, when the restaurant is closed.
- Also on Route 100 in Somers, the recently opened Mamma Rosa has an extensive menu of continental Italian dishes on special offers, including veal bocconcino, branzino marechiara, risotto primavera and wild mushroom ravioli. The setting is new, but the chef/owner, Fortunato Multari, is the former owner of Armonks long-lived Onda Blu. The restaurant is closed Mondays.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.