Men in Westchester Counties showed their true colors and went pink in support of breast cancer awareness, raising $64,957.
The first ever Real Men Wear Pink campaign was held in support of Making Strides Against Breast Cancer of Westchester and Rockland counties..
Westchester and Rockland’s first fundraising winner of the Real Men Wear Pink campaign was Nick Siciliano of Nationwide Maintenance & General Contracting in Bedford Hills.
Siciliano was one of 25 prominent area men who participated in the movement, raising funds and encouraging community members to take action to fight and end breast cancer and create a world free from the pain and suffering caused by the disease.
He was the campaign’s top fundraisers, gathering $13,073 to support the Society and those impacted by breast cancer.
The men were honored at the Real Men Wear Pink Wrap-Up Party on Nov. 15 at Gaucho Grill in White Plains.
“We are grateful to Nick and all our Real Men Wear Pink participants for lending their voices to our cause,” said Lillian Jones for the American Cancer Society. “Not only did they wear pink throughout the month of October, but they raised awareness about breast cancer issues and made a huge commitment to raise funds to help save more lives."
In addition to Siciliano, the 2016 Real Men Wear Pink candidates in Westchester and Rockland were:
- Gino Bottino, M.D., medical oncologist, Northern Westchester Hospital Cancer Center in Mount Kisco
- Ed Brancati, Mount Kisco Village Manager
- Jason Campbell of Briarcliff Manor, ENT and Allergy Associates
- Alvin Clayton, owner, Alvin and Friends Restaurant and artist, New Rochelle
- Tim Cluess, Iona Men’s Varsity Basketball Coach, New Rochelle
- Andrew Dieckman, General Manager, Executive Printing & Direct Mail, Elmsford
- Perry DiNapoli of The Briarcliff Manor, Briarcliff Manor
- Barry Fein of Scarsdale
- John Flynn of Ossining, President of Yonkers Uniformed Fire Officers Association
- Jonathan Goldberg, M.D., CareMount Medical, Mount Kisco
- Robert Greenstein, Supervisor, Town of New Castle
- Paul Hood, President of Elmsford, Westchester/Rockland Guardians Association
- Ken Jenkins, Legislator, Westchester County Government
- Brian Kortovich, CEO, Aces in Action
- Leonard Lombardi, President, The Ava Company, Hicksville
- Bob Marrone, WVOX radio personality and president, New Rochelle Chamber of Commerce, New Rochelle
- Matthew McCrosson, Partner, O'Connor Davies, Harrison
- Wilfredo Morel, Hudson River Health Care, Peekskill
- Michael Palumbo. M.D., Medical Director, White Plains Hospital, White Plains
- Nick Siciliano, Nationwide Maintenance of Bedford Hills
- Jim Taylor, General Manager, Boatworks/ Peekskill Youth Bureau, Cortlandt Manor
- Rich Thomas, Mayor of Mount Vernon
- The Rev. Erwin Trollinger, Senior Pastor, Calvary Baptist Church, White Plains
- Nick Wolff, BHG Rand Realty, White Plains
- Daren Wu, M.D., Medical Director, Open Door Family Medical Center in Mount Kisco
A complete list of the Real Men Wear Pink candidates and link to their fundraising page can be found at the organization's website .
Donations to the American Cancer Society through Real Men Wear Pink is available online through Dec. 31. Log on to make a contribution or call 800.227.2345.
“According to the American Cancer Society Cancer Facts & Figures 2016, an estimated 246,660 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer and an estimated 40,450 will die from the disease this year,” said Patti Lestrange Mack, Communications Manager for the American Cancer Society. “In New York, 16,360 women will be diagnosed this year and 2,410 will die from the disease. Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in women, and it is the most common cancer diagnosed in women other than skin cancer.”
For more information, to get help, or to join the fight, call us anytime, day or night, at 1-800-227-2345 or visit cancer.org .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.