NORTH SALEM, N.Y. – A second person has pleaded guilty in the kidnapping/murder of Epifanio Medina, whose decomposed body was found in North Salem’s Graymark Preserve in June, 2011.
Charles Blanchard pleaded guilty Wednesday to murder in the second degree and kidnapping in the first degree, both class A felonies, according to the Westchester County District Attorney's office.
New Hampshire native Blanchard, 23, is the half-brother of Jessica Ryan French, who plead guilty in May 2012 to similar charges in Medina's death. French was also charged with second degree robbery, unlawful imprisonment, fourth-degree grand larceny and criminal possession of stolen property, all felonies.
Two alleged accomplices, Travis Morin of Danbury, N.H., and Patrick Smith of Lehigh Acres, Fla., both 25, are still awaiting trial. Police said Smith was French’s boyfriend at the time of the murder, and the father of her child.
Blanchard, who faces a maximum of 25 years to life in prison, will return to court for sentencing March 27.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward North Salem, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For North Salem
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In North Salem; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Man Commits Suicide In Danbury Fair Mall Bathroom