NORTH SALEM, N.Y. – A public meeting with town supervisors, housing agencies and land use experts to discuss Westchester’s affordable housing situation led the news in North Salem this week.
Here are a few more top stories of the week:
- The Ruth Keeler Memorial Library inaugurated its new series of webcasts, “ Garden Air ,” featuring local residents and gardening experts, Pam Pooley and Page Dickey, discussing various aspects of how your garden grows.
- A North Salem resident cycling along Delancey Road was seriously injured when he was struck by a deer.
- On the final leg of earning his ranking of Eagle Scout, North Salem High School tenth-grader, Christopher Woloshyn , 15, has embarked on a project to improve the setting of the Veterans Memorial at the Westchester Exceptional Children’s School.
- For the second time, John Jay High School will be the setting for the American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life , which held a Paint the Town Purple event on Wednesday. Residents of North Salem, where there is no Relay event, are invited to join in.
- North Salem residents were eager to cast a vote for their favorite burger in town.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.