NORTH SALEM, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in North Salem this week:
- Voters overwhelmingly approved North Salem’s 2014-15 school budget on Tuesday. Passage came with 508 votes in favor to just 140 against, according to unofficial results.
- State Sen. Greg Ball, through his lawyer, Joseph Tacopina, sent Assemblyman Steve Katz a letter threatening him with a lawsuit if he continues to imply Ball is under investigation for misusing campaign funds.
- A Somers High School junior varsity boys lacrosse player has been kicked off his team and suspended from school after shouting a racial epithet as several black female students earlier this month, News 12 Westchester reports.
- Motorists experienced delays during Wednesday morning's commute on both I-95 and I-684. Two lanes were blocked on southbound I-95 between Arch Street (Exit 3) and the Connecticut border after an accident reported at 9 a.m.
- 1 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 State Police Charge Pair In Route 35 DWI Checkpoint
- 4 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Schools Superintendent's Stepson
- 5 Man In Custody After Assaulting Trooper, Leading To Two-State Chase