NORTH SALEM, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in North Salem this week:
- Voters overwhelmingly approved North Salem’s 2014-15 school budget on Tuesday. Passage came with 508 votes in favor to just 140 against, according to unofficial results.
- State Sen. Greg Ball, through his lawyer, Joseph Tacopina, sent Assemblyman Steve Katz a letter threatening him with a lawsuit if he continues to imply Ball is under investigation for misusing campaign funds.
- A Somers High School junior varsity boys lacrosse player has been kicked off his team and suspended from school after shouting a racial epithet as several black female students earlier this month, News 12 Westchester reports.
- Motorists experienced delays during Wednesday morning's commute on both I-95 and I-684. Two lanes were blocked on southbound I-95 between Arch Street (Exit 3) and the Connecticut border after an accident reported at 9 a.m.
- 1 Amber Alert Issued For 5-Year-Old Forcibly Taken By Two Men
- 2 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In North Salem
- 4 Woman, 23, Is Charged With DWI At I-684 Stop
- 5 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester