NORTH SALEM, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in North Salem this week:
- Voters overwhelmingly approved North Salem’s 2014-15 school budget on Tuesday. Passage came with 508 votes in favor to just 140 against, according to unofficial results.
- State Sen. Greg Ball, through his lawyer, Joseph Tacopina, sent Assemblyman Steve Katz a letter threatening him with a lawsuit if he continues to imply Ball is under investigation for misusing campaign funds.
- A Somers High School junior varsity boys lacrosse player has been kicked off his team and suspended from school after shouting a racial epithet as several black female students earlier this month, News 12 Westchester reports.
- Motorists experienced delays during Wednesday morning's commute on both I-95 and I-684. Two lanes were blocked on southbound I-95 between Arch Street (Exit 3) and the Connecticut border after an accident reported at 9 a.m.
- 1 South Salem Man Charged With Assault, Robbery After Beating Victim
- 2 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 3 Fire Damages Home Overlooking Southeast's Tonetta Lake
- 4 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Yorktown Woman, 43
- 5 North Salem Wallaby Has Now Been Missing More Than A Year