NORTH SALEM, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in North Salem this week:
- The body of a 40-year-old man was found in a burning car at the Purdys train station in North Salem on Sunday evening.
- North Salem residents are showing their support for the North Salem Volunteer Ambulance Corps, hosting its annual winter gala, at the Salem Golf Club on Saturday, March 1.
- A Bronx man with more than 20 suspensions on his license was arrested after leading state police on a high-speed chase on I-684 that ended with the driver crashing on Route 22 in North Salem.
- Westchester County police recovered 16 grams of cocaine, 10 glassine envelopes of heroin, 50 pipes used to smoke crack cocaine and arrested five people on related drug charges at an Ossining home this past weekend.
- 1 Man Is Shot By Fellow Hunter After Killing Deer Near Putnam County
- 2 Serious Accident Results In Partial Closure Of Route 6 Near North Salem
- 3 Two-Car Accident In Southeast Leaves Seven Hospitalized
- 4 Aronchick Takes North Salem Town Board Race By 34 Votes
- 5 Bedford Man Charged With Having 130 Bags Of Heroin In South Salem