SOMERS, N.Y. -- New York State Police recovered the body of an elderly Somers man who jumped from the Bear Mountain Bridge earlier this month on Friday, according to LoHud.com.
Emmanual Valsamakis, 81, was a longtime employee of IBM and received a patent with two other men for an invention relating to semiconductors in the 1980s, LoHud.com reported.
State Police had searched for Valsamakis from the time he jumped on June 15 until last Wednesday, June 18. The body was found on Friday near Stony Point, LoHud.com said.
- 1 North Salem Man Charged After Six-Month Long Heroin Probe In Lewisboro
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Lewisboro Police Chase Ends With Crash At Ridgefield Deli
- 4 Serious Accident Reported At I-684, I-84 Interchange
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital