SOMERS, N.Y. -- New York State Police recovered the body of an elderly Somers man who jumped from the Bear Mountain Bridge earlier this month on Friday, according to LoHud.com.
Emmanual Valsamakis, 81, was a longtime employee of IBM and received a patent with two other men for an invention relating to semiconductors in the 1980s, LoHud.com reported.
State Police had searched for Valsamakis from the time he jumped on June 15 until last Wednesday, June 18. The body was found on Friday near Stony Point, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition
- 2 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5M
- 3 Maintenance Work Results In I-684 Lane Closures
- 4 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 5 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed