SOMERS, N.Y. -- New York State Police recovered the body of an elderly Somers man who jumped from the Bear Mountain Bridge earlier this month on Friday, according to LoHud.com.
Emmanual Valsamakis, 81, was a longtime employee of IBM and received a patent with two other men for an invention relating to semiconductors in the 1980s, LoHud.com reported.
State Police had searched for Valsamakis from the time he jumped on June 15 until last Wednesday, June 18. The body was found on Friday near Stony Point, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Two Fishermen Discover Dead Body In Brewster
- 2 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 3 North Salem's David Letterman Ends 'Late Show' Run On Wednesday
- 4 Westchester Legislator Who Represents North Salem To Resign
- 5 Somers Woman Charged With Violating Order Of Protection, Resisting Arrest