SOMERS, N.Y. -- New York State Police recovered the body of an elderly Somers man who jumped from the Bear Mountain Bridge earlier this month on Friday, according to LoHud.com.
Emmanual Valsamakis, 81, was a longtime employee of IBM and received a patent with two other men for an invention relating to semiconductors in the 1980s, LoHud.com reported.
State Police had searched for Valsamakis from the time he jumped on June 15 until last Wednesday, June 18. The body was found on Friday near Stony Point, LoHud.com said.
- 1 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 2 NYSEG Plans To Expand Gas Main Near North Salem Schools
- 3 Two Clerks Charged In Northern Westchester Underage Drinking Detail
- 4 State Police Warn North Salem Residents Of Phone Scam
- 5 North Salem Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday