WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The Boys and Girls Club of Northern Westchester County held a cocktail reception at its Main Street location in Mount Kisco to honor three staffers who have served for a combined 100 years on Sunday, Feb. 9.
Aquatics Director Dennis Munson, who has been with the organization for 45 years; Director of Operations Barbara Cutri, for her 30 years of service; and Director of the Pre-School Child Care Center Betty Lou Ostrye, who has served for 25 years, were all recognized.
Munson, Cutri, and Ostrye all began attending the club in the as children in the 1950s and 60s.
“Dennis, Barbara and Betty Lou are extraordinary individuals,” Brian Skanes, executive director of the BGCNW said in a statement. “There are countless adults who can trace their success back to these three. And because of that, those adults are now enrolling their children in the Club, too.”
The Alumni Cocktail Reception coincides with the Club’s 75th anniversary, a year-long celebration that recognizes influential alumni, staff, and philanthropists, and culminates with the annual Humanitarian Award Dinner on June 7.
Since the Club’s founding in 1939, more than 100,000 children have walked through its doors and taken part in its programming.
Visit bgcnw.com to learn more.
- 1 Two Fishermen Discover Dead Body In Brewster
- 2 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 3 North Salem's David Letterman Ends 'Late Show' Run On Wednesday
- 4 Westchester Legislator Who Represents North Salem To Resign
- 5 Somers Woman Charged With Violating Order Of Protection, Resisting Arrest