SOMERS, N.Y. -- Here are a few of the many ways to get involved this Thanksgiving season and bring holiday cheer and comfort to those in need in your area. Check out the following Thanksgiving charitable events and opportunities to volunteer.
- Saint John the Evangelist Roman Catholic Church in Mahopac's Thanksgiving outreach program still can use additional donations of cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, pies, gravy and tablecloths. To arrange to donate any of these items, call Suzanne at (914) 523 8165.
- The annual Martin E. Bancroft Thanksgiving community feast will be from noon to 3 p.m Thanksgiving Day at St. Mark's Church parish hall in Mount Kisco. The meal is free for all who attend. Those who cannot attend and need a meal delivered to their home can sign up until Wednesday by contacting Maiorano at email@example.com or 914-830-3373.
- Donation checks to the Salvation Army for Hurricane Sandy victims this Thanksgiving season can be sent to its local office at 117 Nelson Ave., Peekskill.
- With many families displaced by Hurricane Sandy, the ninth-annual Westchester County Holiday gift drive is in desperate need of donations this holiday season. The event provides presents to children living in foster homes and temporary homeless shelters.
- As part of its "MTK Cares" community outreach program, MTK Tavern will host its First Annual All Star Rock Jam at 9 p.m. Saturday in conjunction with collecting food, clothing and monetary donations from guests to go to the Community Center of Northern Westchester in Katonah.
- Check out this list for all of the food pantries that need your help this Thanksgiving.