NORTH SALEM, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in North Salem this week:
- A massive winter storm that was barely on the local radar – literally – 24 hours before it struck brought Westchester County to a standstill on Tuesday.
- James Shearwood of Kent, N.Y., has been named the first executive director of The Schoolhouse Theater in Croton Falls.
- Bedford resident Kerry Kennedy's trial for driving under the influence will begin on Monday, Feb. 24 in White Plains.
- A 29-year-old Bronx man and former employee of the New York State Power Authority was arraigned in Westchester County Court in White Plains on Wednesday after he allegedly stole nearly $3,000 in gas using state gas cards over the course of more than a year.
- Gov. Andrew Cuomo has signed into law the Veterans’ Employment Act, a bill sponsored by State Sen. Greg Ball (R, C, I – Patterson).
- 1 Man Commits Suicide In Danbury Fair Mall Bathroom
- 2 Route 22 In North Salem Closed Following Accident
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward North Salem, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In North Salem; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow