NORTH SALEM, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in North Salem this week:
- A massive winter storm that was barely on the local radar – literally – 24 hours before it struck brought Westchester County to a standstill on Tuesday.
- James Shearwood of Kent, N.Y., has been named the first executive director of The Schoolhouse Theater in Croton Falls.
- Bedford resident Kerry Kennedy's trial for driving under the influence will begin on Monday, Feb. 24 in White Plains.
- A 29-year-old Bronx man and former employee of the New York State Power Authority was arraigned in Westchester County Court in White Plains on Wednesday after he allegedly stole nearly $3,000 in gas using state gas cards over the course of more than a year.
- Gov. Andrew Cuomo has signed into law the Veterans’ Employment Act, a bill sponsored by State Sen. Greg Ball (R, C, I – Patterson).
- 1 Two-Car Accident In Southeast Leaves Seven Hospitalized
- 2 County Police Charge Man With Having 130 Bags Of Heroin
- 3 Croton Falls FD Provides Aid In Blaze That Injures Somers Contractor
- 4 Accidents On I-84, Somers-Mahopac Border Cause Delays
- 5 Child, Infant Among Seven Involved In Southeast Two-Car Crash