This story has been updated.
WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Route 116 in North Salem was closed in both directions for more than two hours as a result of a downed tree following severe afternoon thunderstorms Wednesday.
The closure, at June Road, near the Ridgefield, Conn., border, began at 5:30 p.m.
- 1 North Salem Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For North Salem
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward North Salem, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 5 Reactions Mixed At Algonquin Pipeline Project Hearing In Southeast