WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – The first accident report of Thursday morning along the snow-covered roads in Westchester has occurred on the southbound Taconic in Briarcliff Manor.
The accident, reported at 6:45 a.m., is on the lower section of the Taconic between Route 9A/Route 100 and Route 117, resulting in stop-and-go traffic.
An accident on southbound I-684 at Exit 6 (Route 35) has also been reported.
Travel conditions are expected to become treacherous as snowfall picks up in intensity during the morning.
- 1 National Weather Service: North Salem's Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 2 Several Westchester Towns Ranked Among New York's Safest To Live In
- 3 Patient At Danbury Hospital Undergoing Testing For Enterovirus
- 4 Somers Businessman Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 5 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks