NORTH SALEM, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in North Salem last week:
- The estate of former North Salem Supervisor Paul Greenwood, who resigned in 2009 after being indicted on federal fraud charges, will be up for auction on Thursday, Nov. 20, according to an official with the company overseeing the sale.
- Democratic candidate Martin Aronchick has won a special election for a North Salem Town Board seat by just 34 votes, unofficial results show.
- A two-car crash at the intersection of Routes 6 and 22 on the afternoon of Wednesday, Nov. 19 left seven people hospitalized, according to the Putnam County Sheriff's Department.
- A Dutchess County man was shot by a fellow hunter while he was attempting to move a dead deer from the woods on Saturday, Nov. 15, according to the Poughkeepsie Journal.
- A multi-vehicle accident at the intersection of Starr Ridge Road and Route 6 in Brewster led to the full closure of Route 6 for a time and its partial closure for nearly four hours on Wednesday afternoon.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.