LEWISBORO, N.Y. – According to New York State Police, a one-car accident Saturday afternoon on Interstate 684 killed both occupants of a 2010 Honda Civic.
The operator of the vehicle, a 70 year-old female from Queens, was pronounced dead on scene by Westchester EMS.
The passenger, a 57 year-old from Manhattan, was transported to Northern Westchester Hospital where she later was pronounced deceased by the medical staff, police said.
The vehicle was traveling north on I-684 at approximately 12:35 p.m. Saturday when, for unknown reasons, the operator veered out of the center lane, crossed into the slow lane and continued onto the shoulder into the grassy area of the highway, eventually striking a tree head on, police said.
The cause of the accident still is being investigated.
- 1 NYPD Officer, Son Of Longtime Carmel Cop, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 2 Somers Businessman Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 3 Feud From Rape Case Is Focus Of New York Times Story
- 4 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 5 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway