NORTH SALEM, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in North Salem this week:
- Goldens Bridge firefighters arrived at a home on 37 Fairmont Road on Saturday to find a roof fire that had started in the chimney. The fire was put out quickly, limiting damage the roof and second floor,
- An audiotape of a radio interview that is believed to be Adam Lanza made one year prior to the Sandy Hook shootings in Newtown, Conn., was published by the New York Daily News on Thursday.
- Numerous accidents Wednesday morning have snarled traffic on major Westchester County roadways.
- A North Castle judge has ruled that the courthouse in that town does not have the proper facilities to accommodate the trial of Kerry Kennedy and it will be moved to the Westchester County Courthouse in White Plains, according to News 12.
- 1 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 2 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 3 State Police Charge Pair In Route 35 DWI Checkpoint
- 4 Man In Custody After Assaulting Trooper, Leading To Two-State Chase
- 5 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money