CROSS RIVER, N.Y. -- Charles George, who owns The Bedford Sportsman, a fishing gear shop in Cross River, called the death of a fisherman who fell into the Croton Falls Reservoir a "tragic accident."
The fisherman has been identified as John Scales, a 73-year-old Manhattan resident. He was fishing with Joe Gay, Jr., also a Manhattan resident, and they both fell into the reservoir on Tuesday, Aug. 19, according to an official with New York City's Department of Environmental Protection (DEP). Police and firefighters from several departments were in the vicinity of the reservoir, which straddles the Southeast and Carmel borders in Putnam.
Justin Gould, a Mount Kisco resident who was among those at the store on Thursday afternoon, said it was "sad" to hear. He also said that it was scary to know it could happen to anyone.
- 1 North Salem Man Charged After Six-Month Long Heroin Probe In Lewisboro
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Lewisboro Police Chase Ends With Crash At Ridgefield Deli
- 4 Serious Accident Reported At I-684, I-84 Interchange
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital