NEWTOWN, Conn. — The U.S. Postal Service has established a unique Post Office Box to allow the public to send condolence letters to those affected by the tragic shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School last week in Newtown, Conn.
Those who wish to send expressions of comfort should address them to:
Messages of Condolence for Newtown
P.O. Box 3700
Newtown, CT 06470
“We understand that there is an outpouring of support for everyone in the Newtown area, and we hope to make it easier for those who wish to send encouragement and messages of compassion to those affected,” said Kimberly J. Peters, Connecticut Valley District Manager for the U.S. Postal Service. “Through letters and cards, families will be able to hold that friendship in their hands and to read those kind words at a time and place that supports their pace of healing.”
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over North Salem Skies Sunday
- 2 Astorino, Jindal Team Up To Call For Ebola Airport Restrictions
- 3 North Salem Weekend Events Feature Square Dancing, Open House At Fire Dept.
- 4 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For North Salem
- 5 North Salem Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday