NEWTOWN, Conn. — The U.S. Postal Service has established a unique Post Office Box to allow the public to send condolence letters to those affected by the tragic shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School last week in Newtown, Conn.
Those who wish to send expressions of comfort should address them to:
Messages of Condolence for Newtown
P.O. Box 3700
Newtown, CT 06470
“We understand that there is an outpouring of support for everyone in the Newtown area, and we hope to make it easier for those who wish to send encouragement and messages of compassion to those affected,” said Kimberly J. Peters, Connecticut Valley District Manager for the U.S. Postal Service. “Through letters and cards, families will be able to hold that friendship in their hands and to read those kind words at a time and place that supports their pace of healing.”
- 1 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In North Salem
- 3 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Removed From McDonald's Menu In Westchester
- 4 State Police in Somers Charge Man, 20, With Having Sex Chats With Minors
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; North Salem Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'