BUCHANAN, N.Y. -- The Nuclear Regulatory Commission recently assigned a new resident inspector to the Indian Point Nuclear facility in Buchanan.
Garrett A. Newman has been the acting resident inspector at Indian Point as well as at Susquehanna in Pennsylvania.
“Garrett Newman has the experience, training and commitment to safety that is needed for the NRC to carry out its mission of protecting people and the environment," NRC Region I Administrator Bill Dean said in a statement. "Together with Senior Resident Inspector Scott Stewart and Resident Inspector Ami Patel, he will help ensure the safe operations of the Indian Point units."
Most recently, Newman was a risk and reliability analyst in the Office of Nuclear Reactor Regulation at NRC headquarters. Prior to that, he was a vendor inspector in the Division of Construction Inspection and Operational Programs in the NRC Office of New Reactors.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Purchase New Bedford Home
- 2 North Salem's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Man Charged In Brewster Assault Used Brick As Weapon, Police Say
- 4 Property Revaluation Is In Store For North Salem
- 5 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So North Salem Must Prepare