BUCHANAN, N.Y. -- The Nuclear Regulatory Commission recently assigned a new resident inspector to the Indian Point Nuclear facility in Buchanan.
Garrett A. Newman has been the acting resident inspector at Indian Point as well as at Susquehanna in Pennsylvania.
“Garrett Newman has the experience, training and commitment to safety that is needed for the NRC to carry out its mission of protecting people and the environment," NRC Region I Administrator Bill Dean said in a statement. "Together with Senior Resident Inspector Scott Stewart and Resident Inspector Ami Patel, he will help ensure the safe operations of the Indian Point units."
Most recently, Newman was a risk and reliability analyst in the Office of Nuclear Reactor Regulation at NRC headquarters. Prior to that, he was a vendor inspector in the Division of Construction Inspection and Operational Programs in the NRC Office of New Reactors.
- 1 State Police Warn North Salem Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Firefighters Battle Blaze At Goldens Bridge Residence
- 3 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York