BUCHANAN, N.Y. -- The Nuclear Regulatory Commission recently assigned a new resident inspector to the Indian Point Nuclear facility in Buchanan.
Garrett A. Newman has been the acting resident inspector at Indian Point as well as at Susquehanna in Pennsylvania.
“Garrett Newman has the experience, training and commitment to safety that is needed for the NRC to carry out its mission of protecting people and the environment," NRC Region I Administrator Bill Dean said in a statement. "Together with Senior Resident Inspector Scott Stewart and Resident Inspector Ami Patel, he will help ensure the safe operations of the Indian Point units."
Most recently, Newman was a risk and reliability analyst in the Office of Nuclear Reactor Regulation at NRC headquarters. Prior to that, he was a vendor inspector in the Division of Construction Inspection and Operational Programs in the NRC Office of New Reactors.
- 1 New Map Shows Lyme Disease Risk
- 2 Trump's Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On His Northern Westchester Estate
- 3 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 4 Croton Falls Restaurateur Appears in 'Guys and Dolls'
- 5 Former School Bus Driver Sentenced For Sexual Abuse Of 6-Year-Old Girl