BUCHANAN, N.Y. -- The Indian Point Nuclear facility in Buchanan will be conducting security training on Thursday, April 10 and again on Tuesday, April 15.
During the drills, residents near the facility may hear he sound of simulated gunfire as participants carry out simulated attack scenarios that are intended to be as realistic as possible.
Security team members will be using a technical innovation for the exercise known as “MILES” gear, or Multiple Integrated Laser Engagement Systems.
These systems involve the use of laser “bullets” and vests with laser-detection equipment, which duplicate the effects, including the sound, of live ammunition.
The drills will be conducting during both day and evening hours. Local authorities have been notified of the exercises.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward North Salem, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For North Salem
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In North Salem; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Accidents On Slippery Westchester Roadways Include Jackknifed Trailer