WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Civil war in Iraq could create enough havoc with oil production to push gas prices over $5 per gallon in Westchester County, according to the New York Post.
If radical Sunni Muslim insurgents are able to take control of Baghdad and the oil producing regions in the south, it could raise the price of crude oil per barrel up to $160, which would translate to gas prices near or over $5 per gallon back home, the New York Post reported.
Some experts say that gas prices that high could create something of a recession since Iraq is the second largest producer of oil in the world, the New York Post said.
- 1 Man Commits Suicide In Danbury Fair Mall Bathroom
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward North Salem, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Route 22 In North Salem Closed Following Accident
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In North Salem; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow