WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Civil war in Iraq could create enough havoc with oil production to push gas prices over $5 per gallon in Westchester County, according to the New York Post.
If radical Sunni Muslim insurgents are able to take control of Baghdad and the oil producing regions in the south, it could raise the price of crude oil per barrel up to $160, which would translate to gas prices near or over $5 per gallon back home, the New York Post reported.
Some experts say that gas prices that high could create something of a recession since Iraq is the second largest producer of oil in the world, the New York Post said.
- 1 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 2 Second Arrest Made In Animal Cruelty Case At Danbury Pet Store
- 3 Croton Falls Restaurateur Appears in 'Guys and Dolls'
- 4 Former School Bus Driver Sentenced For Sexual Abuse Of 6-Year-Old Girl
- 5 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority