WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The state Environmental Facilities Corp. recently approved $511.45 million in low-interest loans for the new Tappan Zee Bridge that could possibly keep the bridge's tolls low, according to a report by the Westchester County Business Journal.
The loans will offset part of the $3.9 billion that remains to fund construction of the bridge.
The bridge currently has a $5 toll, but because of the construction on the bridge, the toll may have to triple, according to the report.
To read the full report, click here.
- 1 Westchester's John Slattery, TV News Reporter, Dies
- 2 It's A Girl: Westchester's Clintons Are Grandparents As Chelsea Gives Birth
- 3 Accidents Cause Major Delays On I-684
- 4 Janitor Charged With Using Vacuum To Steal $3,900K At Brewster Marshall's
- 5 North Salem Girl Scouts Put Finishing Touches On PQ Elementary Mural