WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The state Environmental Facilities Corp. recently approved $511.45 million in low-interest loans for the new Tappan Zee Bridge that could possibly keep the bridge's tolls low, according to a report by the Westchester County Business Journal.
The loans will offset part of the $3.9 billion that remains to fund construction of the bridge.
The bridge currently has a $5 toll, but because of the construction on the bridge, the toll may have to triple, according to the report.
To read the full report, click here.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Purchase New Bedford Home
- 2 North Salem's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Man Charged In Brewster Assault Used Brick As Weapon, Police Say
- 4 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So North Salem Must Prepare
- 5 Property Revaluation Is In Store For North Salem