WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The state Environmental Facilities Corp. recently approved $511.45 million in low-interest loans for the new Tappan Zee Bridge that could possibly keep the bridge's tolls low, according to a report by the Westchester County Business Journal.
The loans will offset part of the $3.9 billion that remains to fund construction of the bridge.
The bridge currently has a $5 toll, but because of the construction on the bridge, the toll may have to triple, according to the report.
To read the full report, click here.
- 1 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Serious Accident Reported At I-684, I-84 Interchange
- 5 Lewisboro Police Chase Ends With Crash At Ridgefield Deli