WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The state Environmental Facilities Corp. recently approved $511.45 million in low-interest loans for the new Tappan Zee Bridge that could possibly keep the bridge's tolls low, according to a report by the Westchester County Business Journal.
The loans will offset part of the $3.9 billion that remains to fund construction of the bridge.
The bridge currently has a $5 toll, but because of the construction on the bridge, the toll may have to triple, according to the report.
To read the full report, click here.
- 1 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 2 North Salem's David Letterman Ends 'Late Show' Run On Wednesday
- 3 Westchester Legislator Who Represents North Salem To Resign
- 4 Somers Woman Charged With Violating Order Of Protection, Resisting Arrest
- 5 Airbag Recall Is Largest Ever In Auto History