WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The state Environmental Facilities Corp. recently approved $511.45 million in low-interest loans for the new Tappan Zee Bridge that could possibly keep the bridge's tolls low, according to a report by the Westchester County Business Journal.
The loans will offset part of the $3.9 billion that remains to fund construction of the bridge.
The bridge currently has a $5 toll, but because of the construction on the bridge, the toll may have to triple, according to the report.
To read the full report, click here.
- 1 Winter Storm Watch Issued For North Salem On Wednesday
- 2 Three Homes Of Former North Salem Supervisor Sell For $3 Million
- 3 South Salem Driver Strikes, Injures Two Runners In Danbury Intersection
- 4 Former North Salem Supervisor's Business Partner Sentenced To 20 Years
- 5 North Salem Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday