WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The state Environmental Facilities Corp. recently approved $511.45 million in low-interest loans for the new Tappan Zee Bridge that could possibly keep the bridge's tolls low, according to a report by the Westchester County Business Journal.
The loans will offset part of the $3.9 billion that remains to fund construction of the bridge.
The bridge currently has a $5 toll, but because of the construction on the bridge, the toll may have to triple, according to the report.
To read the full report, click here.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over North Salem Skies Sunday
- 2 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In North Salem, NOAA Predicts
- 3 Astorino, Jindal Team Up To Call For Ebola Airport Restrictions
- 4 North Salem Weekend Events Feature Square Dancing, Open House At Fire Dept.
- 5 North Salem Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday