WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The state Environmental Facilities Corp. recently approved $511.45 million in low-interest loans for the new Tappan Zee Bridge that could possibly keep the bridge's tolls low, according to a report by the Westchester County Business Journal.
The loans will offset part of the $3.9 billion that remains to fund construction of the bridge.
The bridge currently has a $5 toll, but because of the construction on the bridge, the toll may have to triple, according to the report.
To read the full report, click here.
- 1 North Salem's David Letterman Shocks Audience With Off-Color Joke
- 2 North Salem Principal Warns Parents About 'Assassination' Game
- 3 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition
- 4 Mahopac Father Who Allegedly Hit Coach Faces New Charge
- 5 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed