WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Former New Rochelle High School star Ray Rice, an All-Pro running back for the NFL's Baltimore Ravens, was arrested after allegedly being involved in a physical altercation with his fiancee, Janay Palmer, in Atlantic City, N.J., on Saturday, according to a police report.
According to police, the two struck each other with their hands, and Palmer was also arrested. Both were charged with simple assault, according to the police report. You can view the police report here.
The 27-year-old Rice was released on his own recognizance, according to the Baltimore Sun.
Rice returns to New Rochelle each year to run his Ray Rice Day summer camp and continues to support educational programs efforts in his hometown.
Rice set rushing records at Rutgers University before being drafted by the Ravens in 2008. He has made three Pro Bowls.
Rice has rushed for 6,180 yards and 37 touchdowns over six NFL seasons.
Rice and Palmer, 26, have been together since 2008, according to slimcelebrity.com.
Read the Baltimore Sun report here.
- 1 North Salem Man Charged After Six-Month Long Heroin Probe In Lewisboro
- 2 Restaurateur Found Guilty Of Forcibly Touching Waitress
- 3 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 4 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director