NORTH SALEM, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in North Salem last week:
- Friends of Karen is seeking community families to participate in its "Holiday Adopt-A-Family" program to ensure sick children, as well as their siblings, have holiday gifts.
- The New York Blood Center will host its 2nd annual community blood drive in memory of Jack Baumler and Michael Robson from 1:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 27 at the North Salem High School Library, 230 June Road.
- A 35-year-old Bridgeport, Conn., woman suffered head trauma and a fractured hip on Tuesday in a two-vehicle wreck that closed Interstate 84 for part of the afternoon, according to state police.
- Ruth Keeler Memorial Library's tween zombie party, originally scheduled for Friday, Oct. 24, was canceled due to a lack of participants.
- Real estate in Westchester settled into a steady state during the third quarter, with a modest increase in the median sale price and a slight dip in activity compared to the third quarter in 2013.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.