NORTH SALEM, N.Y. – Keep your ears peeled for the fire truck sirens on Saturday, Dec. 8. That is the day members of the Croton Falls Fire Department (CFFD) canvas the town in their shiny red fire trucks, distributing holiday candy canes, spreading seasonal joy and perhaps even escorting Santa himself.
“Last year we gave out a few hundred candy canes and we’re hoping for an even bigger turnout this year -- more and more kids and more and more parents,” said CFFD Vice-President Angelo D’Agostino.
This year’s schedule is as follows:
- 11 to 11:30 a.m. Daniel Road, Sunset Drive, Ridgeway Ave., Alice Road, Westview Ave., Westview Cross Road
- 11:30 to 11:50 a.m. Whip Mill Lane, Trotter Drive, Livery Lane, Cider Mill Lane, Horse Shoe Lane
- 12 to 12:20 p.m. First Street, Main Street, Spur Street
- 12:30 to 12:50 p.m. Fox Den Lane, Deer Run Court
- 1 to 1:20 p.m. Hill Top Drive, Raymond Road, Hunt Lane
- 1:30 to 1:50 p.m. Vails Grove Pavilion
- 2 to 2:20 p.m. Pietches Pavilion
- 2:30 to 2:50 p.m. Bonnieview Street, Lake Street
- 3 to 3:20 p.m. Lakeside Drive, Blackberry Hill Road, Rodeo Drive
- 3:30 to 3:50 p.m. Delancy Road, Lakeview Road, Elizabeth Drive, Spring Hill Road
- 4 to 4:20 p.m. Sun Valley Drive, Sun Valley Heights Drive
- 4:30 to 4:50 p.m. Owens Road, Warner Drive, Avery Lane, Lee Road, Maple Ave.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Purchase New Bedford Home
- 2 North Salem's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Man Charged In Brewster Assault Used Brick As Weapon, Police Say
- 4 Property Revaluation Is In Store For North Salem
- 5 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So North Salem Must Prepare