NORTH SALEM, N.Y. – Keep your ears peeled for the fire truck sirens on Saturday, Dec. 8. That is the day members of the Croton Falls Fire Department (CFFD) canvas the town in their shiny red fire trucks, distributing holiday candy canes, spreading seasonal joy and perhaps even escorting Santa himself.
“Last year we gave out a few hundred candy canes and we’re hoping for an even bigger turnout this year -- more and more kids and more and more parents,” said CFFD Vice-President Angelo D’Agostino.
This year’s schedule is as follows:
- 11 to 11:30 a.m. Daniel Road, Sunset Drive, Ridgeway Ave., Alice Road, Westview Ave., Westview Cross Road
- 11:30 to 11:50 a.m. Whip Mill Lane, Trotter Drive, Livery Lane, Cider Mill Lane, Horse Shoe Lane
- 12 to 12:20 p.m. First Street, Main Street, Spur Street
- 12:30 to 12:50 p.m. Fox Den Lane, Deer Run Court
- 1 to 1:20 p.m. Hill Top Drive, Raymond Road, Hunt Lane
- 1:30 to 1:50 p.m. Vails Grove Pavilion
- 2 to 2:20 p.m. Pietches Pavilion
- 2:30 to 2:50 p.m. Bonnieview Street, Lake Street
- 3 to 3:20 p.m. Lakeside Drive, Blackberry Hill Road, Rodeo Drive
- 3:30 to 3:50 p.m. Delancy Road, Lakeview Road, Elizabeth Drive, Spring Hill Road
- 4 to 4:20 p.m. Sun Valley Drive, Sun Valley Heights Drive
- 4:30 to 4:50 p.m. Owens Road, Warner Drive, Avery Lane, Lee Road, Maple Ave.
- 1 Man Commits Suicide In Danbury Fair Mall Bathroom
- 2 Route 22 In North Salem Closed Following Accident
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward North Salem, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In North Salem; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow