NORTH SALEM, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in North Salem this week:
- A North Salem man is facing multiple drug charges after police arrested him in Putnam County on Wednesday, March 12 for allegedly possessing 12 bags of heroin, according to LoHud.com.
- A car overturned on Route 35 (Cross River Road) on the Bedford-Lewisboro border after swerving out of the way of a deer that ran onto the road Wednesday, Lt. Jeff Dickans of the Bedford Police Department said.
- A gas explosion destroyed a building in Harlem, killed at least eight people and shut down Metro-North service for hours.
- State Assemblyman David Buchwald's (D-Westchester) proposed legislation that would strip state pension benefits from any public official convicted of a felony where the public’s trust has been violated has gained the support of more than 60 state Assembly members.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In North Salem
- 3 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Removed From McDonald's Menu In Westchester
- 4 State Police in Somers Charge Man, 20, With Having Sex Chats With Minors
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; North Salem Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'