NORTH SALEM, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in North Salem this week:
- A North Salem man is facing multiple drug charges after police arrested him in Putnam County on Wednesday, March 12 for allegedly possessing 12 bags of heroin, according to LoHud.com.
- A car overturned on Route 35 (Cross River Road) on the Bedford-Lewisboro border after swerving out of the way of a deer that ran onto the road Wednesday, Lt. Jeff Dickans of the Bedford Police Department said.
- A gas explosion destroyed a building in Harlem, killed at least eight people and shut down Metro-North service for hours.
- State Assemblyman David Buchwald's (D-Westchester) proposed legislation that would strip state pension benefits from any public official convicted of a felony where the public’s trust has been violated has gained the support of more than 60 state Assembly members.
- 1 National Weather Service: North Salem's Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 2 Several Westchester Towns Ranked Among New York's Safest To Live In
- 3 Patient At Danbury Hospital Undergoing Testing For Enterovirus
- 4 Somers Businessman Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 5 Mom Recounts Finding Missing Teen From Green Chimneys