NORTH SALEM, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in North Salem this week:
- A North Salem man is facing multiple drug charges after police arrested him in Putnam County on Wednesday, March 12 for allegedly possessing 12 bags of heroin, according to LoHud.com.
- A car overturned on Route 35 (Cross River Road) on the Bedford-Lewisboro border after swerving out of the way of a deer that ran onto the road Wednesday, Lt. Jeff Dickans of the Bedford Police Department said.
- A gas explosion destroyed a building in Harlem, killed at least eight people and shut down Metro-North service for hours.
- State Assemblyman David Buchwald's (D-Westchester) proposed legislation that would strip state pension benefits from any public official convicted of a felony where the public’s trust has been violated has gained the support of more than 60 state Assembly members.
- 1 New Map Shows Lyme Disease Risk
- 2 Trump's Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On His Northern Westchester Estate
- 3 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 4 Croton Falls Restaurateur Appears in 'Guys and Dolls'
- 5 Former School Bus Driver Sentenced For Sexual Abuse Of 6-Year-Old Girl