NORTH SALEM, N.Y. — The final day for North Salem taxpayers to pay the second half of their school taxes without penalty is Thursday, Jan. 31. A 10 percent fine will be added to late payments received starting Feb. 1.
The tax office, located in Lobdell House at 270 Titicus Road, will be open for extended collection hours on Thursday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
If your mortgage company or bank handles your tax payments, you should have received a receipt.
The tax office offers the following reminders:
• Make sure your payment has a valid postmark. Payment is deemed made on the date of receipt.
• If you print out stamps for postage purchased online there is no valid date so allow plenty of time for receipt.
• If you mail your payment at the post office watch them affix the postmark.
• Postage meters such as Pitney Bows and foreign postmarks are not acceptable.
• Payments sent by bank have bulk permit IDs and no valid postmarks. Be sure to allow sufficient time for receipt to avoid penalties.
If you can’t find your bill or have other questions, visit the tax office or call 914-669-5177.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.