NORTH SALEM, N.Y. -- A North Salem therapist pleaded guilty on Thursday, Jan. 9 to charges of sexually abusing two of his patients, according to a statement released by Westchester County District Attorney Janet DiFiore.
Mark Bernardini, 57, who also has an office in Bronxville, had sexual contact with a 19-year-old woman and a 12-year-old boy in separate incidents that took place between May 16 and July 2 of last year.
“The courage displayed by both young victims in this case in immediately alerting their parents to what had transpired allowed police and prosecutors to quickly determine the predatory behavior of this defendant," DiFiore said in a statement. "He used his position of trust and authority to target and take advantage of his unsuspecting victims and instead of helping them with their vulnerabilities, he exploited them.”
Bernardini faces a maximum sentence of 25 years in state prison and 15 years post release supervision.
- 1 Winter Storm Watch Issued For North Salem On Wednesday
- 2 South Salem Driver Strikes, Injures Two Runners In Danbury Intersection
- 3 Two Somers Massage Business Employees Charged With Prostitution
- 4 Former North Salem Supervisor's Business Partner Sentenced To 20 Years
- 5 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287