NORTH SALEM, N.Y. -- A North Salem therapist pleaded guilty on Thursday, Jan. 9 to charges of sexually abusing two of his patients, according to a statement released by Westchester County District Attorney Janet DiFiore.
Mark Bernardini, 57, who also has an office in Bronxville, had sexual contact with a 19-year-old woman and a 12-year-old boy in separate incidents that took place between May 16 and July 2 of last year.
“The courage displayed by both young victims in this case in immediately alerting their parents to what had transpired allowed police and prosecutors to quickly determine the predatory behavior of this defendant," DiFiore said in a statement. "He used his position of trust and authority to target and take advantage of his unsuspecting victims and instead of helping them with their vulnerabilities, he exploited them.”
Bernardini faces a maximum sentence of 25 years in state prison and 15 years post release supervision.
- 1 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 2 More I-684 Lane Closures Scheduled
- 3 North Salem's David Letterman's Last 'Late Show' Includes Stars, Presidents
- 4 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 5 Deer Defense Group Sues Westchester County To Halt Hunting Plans