NORTH SALEM, N.Y. -- A North Salem therapist pleaded guilty on Thursday, Jan. 9 to charges of sexually abusing two of his patients, according to a statement released by Westchester County District Attorney Janet DiFiore.
Mark Bernardini, 57, who also has an office in Bronxville, had sexual contact with a 19-year-old woman and a 12-year-old boy in separate incidents that took place between May 16 and July 2 of last year.
“The courage displayed by both young victims in this case in immediately alerting their parents to what had transpired allowed police and prosecutors to quickly determine the predatory behavior of this defendant," DiFiore said in a statement. "He used his position of trust and authority to target and take advantage of his unsuspecting victims and instead of helping them with their vulnerabilities, he exploited them.”
Bernardini faces a maximum sentence of 25 years in state prison and 15 years post release supervision.
- 1 Somers Businessman Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 2 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 3 Feud From Rape Case Is Focus Of New York Times Story
- 4 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 5 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App