NORTH SALEM, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in North Salem last week:
- Martin Aronchick defeated William Monti in a special election for a North Salem Town Board seat, according to unofficial results from the Westchester County Board of Elections.
- Westchester County had seven different school districts in the top 25 rankings of best public school systems, according to Niche, an education website dedicated to providing rankings and systems on school districts throughout the country.
- A second major accident on southbound I-684 on Monday was reported at 3:15 p.m. The accident, at Route 35 in Katonah Exit 6), initially took out two lanes, as did an accident further south on I-684 during the morning commute.
- Former U.S, Rep. Nan Hayworth has conceded to U.S. Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney in the race for New York's 18th Congressional District.
- A serious multi-vehicle accident was reported on Fields Lane in Brewster near the Brewster Ice Arena on Thursday.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.