MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- Northern Westchester Hospital (NWH) has announced the recipients of the annual Janet Harrower Nurse of Distinction Awards.
The awards recognize three exemplary nurses who have been selected by their nursing peers and physician colleagues to receive this distinguished honor.
These nurses represent the culture of caring, compassion and competence that makes NWH a leader in nursing excellence.
The award is named after Janet Harrower, who was a Nurse Leader at Northern Westchester Hospital, and demonstrated these qualities every day. In her memory, the Nurse of Distinction Awards recognize these same qualities in three categories: an Experienced Nurse, an Up-and-Coming Nurse, and a Physician-Nominated Nurse.
Elizabeth Galloway was the recipient of the Experienced Nurse, Nurse of Distinction award. A Registered Nurse III working in Ambulatory Surgery, she has been part of the Northern Westchester Hospital Family since 1991 and resides in Brewster.
Amanda Schwartz received the Up-and-Coming Nurse award. She has been working at NWH since 2012. She is a Registered Nurse II in Cardio/Pulmonary. Amanda resides in Hawthorne.
Mary Voda, who has been with NWH since 2007, received the physician-nominated Nurse award. Mary is a Registered Nurse III in Cardio/Pulmonary. She resides in Mount Kisco.
Visit nwhc.net to learn more.
- 1 Winter Storm Watch Issued For North Salem On Wednesday
- 2 Three Homes Of Former North Salem Supervisor Sell For $3 Million
- 3 South Salem Driver Strikes, Injures Two Runners In Danbury Intersection
- 4 Ex-North Salem Supervisor's Estate Up For Auction Tops News Last Week
- 5 Former North Salem Supervisor's Business Partner Sentenced To 20 Years