NORTH SALEM, N.Y. -- North Salem resident and former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg was recently profiled in The New York Times for his efforts to curb smoking in some developing nations.
Bloomberg, who has said he plans on donating his fortune before he dies, has engaged in anti-smoking efforts in countries like Turkey, and Indonesia, but he hasn't stopped there. Other efforts include lowering obesity levels in Mexico and improving road safety in places like Kenya, The New York Times said.
- 1 North Salem Man Charged After Six-Month Long Heroin Probe In Lewisboro
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 Restaurateur Found Guilty Of Forcibly Touching Waitress
- 4 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director