NORTH SALEM, N.Y. -- North Salem resident and former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg was recently profiled in The New York Times for his efforts to curb smoking in some developing nations.
Bloomberg, who has said he plans on donating his fortune before he dies, has engaged in anti-smoking efforts in countries like Turkey, and Indonesia, but he hasn't stopped there. Other efforts include lowering obesity levels in Mexico and improving road safety in places like Kenya, The New York Times said.
- 1 Two-Car Accident In Southeast Leaves Seven Hospitalized
- 2 Ex-North Salem Supervisor's Estate Is Up For Auction
- 3 Serious Accident Results In Partial Closure Of Route 6 Near North Salem
- 4 County Police Charge Man With Having 130 Bags Of Heroin
- 5 Croton Falls FD Provides Aid In Blaze That Injures Somers Contractor