NORTH SALEM, N.Y. – The windy snow and sleet that swept through Westchester Wednesday evening left several dozen NYSEG customers in North Salem without power.
As of 6 a.m. Thursday, NYSEG reported that 43 of its 2,011 North Salem customers had lost power. Most of the outages were on Jessitar Road, Morris Road and Valeria Circle. The utility estimated that all power would be restored Thursday a.m.
The storm was predicted to continue on throughout the day, with wind gusts up to 30 mph, according to the National Weather Service. Another storm is predicted for Saturday, but this one is expected to be just snow, with calm winds.
- 1 North Salem Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Police Issue 75 Tickets In Distracted Driving Detail On I-684
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For North Salem
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Reactions Mixed At Algonquin Pipeline Project Hearing In Southeast