NORTH SALEM, N.Y. – The windy snow and sleet that swept through Westchester Wednesday evening left several dozen NYSEG customers in North Salem without power.
As of 6 a.m. Thursday, NYSEG reported that 43 of its 2,011 North Salem customers had lost power. Most of the outages were on Jessitar Road, Morris Road and Valeria Circle. The utility estimated that all power would be restored Thursday a.m.
The storm was predicted to continue on throughout the day, with wind gusts up to 30 mph, according to the National Weather Service. Another storm is predicted for Saturday, but this one is expected to be just snow, with calm winds.
- 1 Winter Storm Watch Issued For North Salem On Wednesday
- 2 Three Homes Of Former North Salem Supervisor Sell For $3 Million
- 3 South Salem Driver Strikes, Injures Two Runners In Danbury Intersection
- 4 Ex-North Salem Supervisor's Estate Up For Auction Tops News Last Week
- 5 Former North Salem Supervisor's Business Partner Sentenced To 20 Years