NORTH SALEM, N.Y. – The windy snow and sleet that swept through Westchester Wednesday evening left several dozen NYSEG customers in North Salem without power.
As of 6 a.m. Thursday, NYSEG reported that 43 of its 2,011 North Salem customers had lost power. Most of the outages were on Jessitar Road, Morris Road and Valeria Circle. The utility estimated that all power would be restored Thursday a.m.
The storm was predicted to continue on throughout the day, with wind gusts up to 30 mph, according to the National Weather Service. Another storm is predicted for Saturday, but this one is expected to be just snow, with calm winds.
- 1 Two Fishermen Discover Dead Body In Brewster
- 2 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 3 North Salem's David Letterman Ends 'Late Show' Run On Wednesday
- 4 Westchester Legislator Who Represents North Salem To Resign
- 5 Somers Woman Charged With Violating Order Of Protection, Resisting Arrest