POUND RIDGE, N.Y. -- Noted actor and Pound Ridge resident Eli Wallach died on Tuesday, June 24, in Manhattan, according to The New York Times. He was 98.
Wallach starred in many films, including: "The Magnificent Seven," "The Godfather: Part III" and "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly," The Times said.
Though he was never nominated for an Oscar, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences bestowed an honorary Oscar upon Wallach in 2010, The Times Reported.
Wallach is survived by his wife, Anne Jackson; daughters, Katherine and Roberta Wallach; his son, Peter Wallach; sister, Shirley Auerbach; and three grandchildren, according to The Times.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In North Salem
- 3 State Police in Somers Charge Man, 20, With Having Sex Chats With Minors
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Removed From McDonald's Menu In Westchester
- 5 North Salem Lights Up For The Holidays