SOUTHEAST, N.Y. -- Red Rooster is a Route 22 landmark in Putnam County, and the summer is always a busy time for the drive-in restaurant.
“The summer’s been good so far," said owner Andreas Lintzeris. "No complaints."
Red Rooster serves ice cream, shakes and burgers and has a miniature golf course.
While the restaurant is open year-round and seven days a week, the mini-golf is open from April to October.
Business usually picks up in summer, Lintzeris said, and this summer is no different.
Lintzeris also spoke about those who visit Red Rooster. They include people from Manhattan who have homes up north, people from Westchester, as well as celebrities such as David Letterman and Chevy Chase.
In the case of Letterman, whom he called a “very nice guy,” Lintzeris mentioned that Letterman has played golf with his son.
- 1 North Salem Man Charged After Six-Month Long Heroin Probe In Lewisboro
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 Restaurateur Found Guilty Of Forcibly Touching Waitress
- 4 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director