SOUTHEAST, N.Y. -- Red Rooster is a Route 22 landmark in Putnam County, and the summer is always a busy time for the drive-in restaurant.
“The summer’s been good so far," said owner Andreas Lintzeris. "No complaints."
Red Rooster serves ice cream, shakes and burgers and has a miniature golf course.
While the restaurant is open year-round and seven days a week, the mini-golf is open from April to October.
Business usually picks up in summer, Lintzeris said, and this summer is no different.
Lintzeris also spoke about those who visit Red Rooster. They include people from Manhattan who have homes up north, people from Westchester, as well as celebrities such as David Letterman and Chevy Chase.
In the case of Letterman, whom he called a “very nice guy,” Lintzeris mentioned that Letterman has played golf with his son.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In North Salem
- 3 State Police in Somers Charge Man, 20, With Having Sex Chats With Minors
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Removed From McDonald's Menu In Westchester
- 5 North Salem Lights Up For The Holidays