NORTH SALEM, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in North Salem last week:
- U.S. Rep. Nita M. Lowey (D-Westchester/Rockland), the senior Democrat on the House Appropriations Committee, issued a response to President Barack Obama’s address on ISIL.
- Ten Westchester County schools were named to Newsweek's top 500 schools recently. Newsweek enlisted the help of research specialists at Westat to help compile their rankings.
- A 25-year-old Brewster man was accused of having sexual relations with a 15-year-old girl and has been charged with rape, according to state police.
- Putnam County Sheriffs charged a Mahopac man with reckless operation of a watercraft on Lake Mahopace on Monday, Sept. 1, police said.
- Two chickens were apparently mutilated and dumped in a parking lot for a Mahopac gas station, according to the Putnam County SPCA
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.