NORTH SALEM, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in North Salem this week:
- According to the owners of a missing wallaby, Indy was sighted crossing Bloomer Road, to large open land property bordering June Road on Monday afternoon.
- The children of New York gubernatorial candidate County Executive Rob Astorino will be among thousands of students boycotting the New York State Common Core English Language Arts exam, Astorino announced in a video released.
- The Conneticut State Police investigation into the fatal shooting of 75-year-old Ridgefield resident John Valluzzo has been completed. But a state's attorney has yet to make a decision on whether the Ridgefield police officer who shot him was justified in his actions, according to Danbury News Times.
- Ridgefield police arrested three people who were found with heroin and cocaine on drug-related charges Tuesday, April 1, according to a report from The Ridgefield Press.
- 1 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 2 South Salem Man Charged With Assault, Robbery After Beating Victim
- 3 Fire Damages Home Overlooking Southeast's Tonetta Lake
- 4 North Salem Wallaby Has Now Been Missing More Than A Year
- 5 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Yorktown Woman, 43