SOUTHEAST, N.Y. -- A Southeast man was charged with assaulting a female on Saturday, Aug. 23, New York State Police reported.
Troopers were dispatched by Putnam County 911 for a domestic dispute. When they arrived, Mark Guarino, 56, was allegedly strangling the female victim, according to State Police.
Guarino was charged with second-degree strangulation, second-degree assault and two counts of fourth-degree criminal mischief. He was remanded to the Putnam County Jail in lieu of $10,000 cash or $20,000 bond and is scheduled to return to the Town of Southeast Court on Thursday, Sept. 11, authorities said.
- 1 Two-Car Accident In Southeast Leaves Seven Hospitalized
- 2 Ex-North Salem Supervisor's Estate Is Up For Auction
- 3 Serious Accident Results In Partial Closure Of Route 6 Near North Salem
- 4 County Police Charge Man With Having 130 Bags Of Heroin
- 5 Croton Falls FD Provides Aid In Blaze That Injures Somers Contractor