SOUTHEAST, N.Y. -- A Southeast man was charged with assaulting a female on Saturday, Aug. 23, New York State Police reported.
Troopers were dispatched by Putnam County 911 for a domestic dispute. When they arrived, Mark Guarino, 56, was allegedly strangling the female victim, according to State Police.
Guarino was charged with second-degree strangulation, second-degree assault and two counts of fourth-degree criminal mischief. He was remanded to the Putnam County Jail in lieu of $10,000 cash or $20,000 bond and is scheduled to return to the Town of Southeast Court on Thursday, Sept. 11, authorities said.
- 1 Winter Storm Watch Issued For North Salem On Wednesday
- 2 South Salem Driver Strikes, Injures Two Runners In Danbury Intersection
- 3 Somers Massage Business Employees Charged With Prostitution
- 4 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287
- 5 North Salem Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday