SOUTHEAST, N.Y. -- A Southeast man was charged with assaulting a female on Saturday, Aug. 23, New York State Police reported.
Troopers were dispatched by Putnam County 911 for a domestic dispute. When they arrived, Mark Guarino, 56, was allegedly strangling the female victim, according to State Police.
Guarino was charged with second-degree strangulation, second-degree assault and two counts of fourth-degree criminal mischief. He was remanded to the Putnam County Jail in lieu of $10,000 cash or $20,000 bond and is scheduled to return to the Town of Southeast Court on Thursday, Sept. 11, authorities said.
- 1 State Police Warn North Salem Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Firefighters Battle Blaze At Goldens Bridge Residence
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 NYSEG Plans To Expand Gas Main Near North Salem Schools
- 5 Two Clerks Charged In Northern Westchester Underage Drinking Detail