NORTH SALEM, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in North Salem last week:
- County Executive Rob Astorino announced Westchester County’s Camp Morty summer program has won awards from two prestigious agencies: the 2014 Achievement Award for “Children and Youth” from the National Association of Counties and the “Special Program Award” from the Westchester Municipal Planning Federation.
- Two Connecticut women, Kendra Hinds, 26, and Elizabeth Martinez, 25, were charged after leading troopers in a chase through Westchester before crashing in the town of Southeast, according to LoHud.com.
- A 4-year-old female golden retreiver Bali has been missing since Tuesday, July 15. Bali was last seen on Bloomer Road in North Salem. She was wearing a pink collar.
- A service was held Sunday in the Jesse Lee Memorial Church in Ridgefield, Conn., to celebrate the life of Benjamin Jacob Seitz, the 15-month-old who died last week in a hot car.
- Westchester County residents were stunned by the news that a Malaysian airliner was shot down over the Russia-Ukraine border Thursday.
- Stretches of several major roadways are closed Monday night as a result of flooding.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.